Eligible nationalities

The following nationalities are eligible for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Canada, for a air arrival only. In other cases, no authorisation is required for the following nationalities.

🇩🇪 Germany
🇦🇩 Andorra
🇦🇮 Anguilla
🇦🇺 Australia
🇦🇹 Austria
🇧🇸 Bahamas
🇧🇧 Barbados
🇧🇪 Belgium
🇧🇲 Bermuda
🇧🇳 Brunei Darussalam
🇧🇬 Bulgaria
🇨🇱 Chile
🇨🇾 Cyprus
🇭🇷 Croatia
🇩🇰 Denmark
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates

🇪🇸 Spain
🇪🇪 Estonia
🇫🇮 Finland
🇫🇷 France
🇬🇮 Gibraltar
🇬🇷 Greece
🇭🇰 Hong Kong (SAR)
🇭🇺 Hungary
🇵🇳 Pitcairn Island
🇰🇾 Cayman Islands
🇫🇰 Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
🇸🇧 Solomon Islands
🇹🇨 Turks and Caicos Islands
🇻🇬 British Virgin Islands
🇮🇪 Ireland
🇮🇸 Iceland

🇮🇱 Israel
🇮🇹 Italy
🇯🇵 Japan
🇱🇻 Latvia
🇱🇮 Liechtenstein
🇱🇹 Lithuania
🇱🇺 Luxembourg
🇲🇹 Malta
🇲🇽 Mexico
🇲🇨 Monaco
🇲🇸 Montserrat
🇳🇴 Norway
🇳🇿 New Zealand
🇵🇬 Papua New Guinea
🇳🇱 Netherlands
🇵🇱 Poland

🇵🇹 Portugal
🇰🇷 Republic of Korea
🇨🇿 Czech Republic
🇬🇧 United Kingdom
🇸🇲 San Marino
🇸🇭 Saint Helena
🇼🇸 Samoa
🇸🇬 Singapore
🇸🇰 Slovakia
🇸🇮 Slovenia
🇸🇪 Sweden
🇨🇭 Switzerland
🇹🇼 Taiwan
🇺🇸 USA
🇻🇦 Vatican City

You do not need an EV if :

  • you already have a valid Canadian visa
  • you already have a valid status in Canada and are returning from the USA or St. Pierre and Miquelon
  • you are French and reside in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, and arrive in Canada by air
  • you are coming from or going to the USA and your plane stops in Canada to refuel
  • your plane makes an emergency landing in Canada
  • you are transiting through Canada and are one of the few nationalities exempt from a transit visa
  • you are a cabin crew member, civil aviation inspector or accident investigator working in Canada during your stay
  • you are a diplomat accredited by the Government of Canada

If you are not one of the nationalities listed or in the following special cases, then you will need a visa to enter Canada 🇨🇦

Note that if you are a family member of a Canadian national, you can in some cases apply for a super visa valid for 10 years, for multiple entries of up to 2 years. Contact the Canadian authorities for more information.