Frequently asked questions

🎫 Is it possible to obtain an EVA on arrival in Canada?

No, the airline will ask you for an EV upon boarding. Without this document, it is impossible to travel to or through Canada. At this point, the airline may overcharge you for the AVE.

⏱ When to apply for an EVP in Canada?

We advise you to apply for an AVE at least 48 hours before your departure for Canada. Indeed, some files go through an advanced analysis, extending the delays up to 72 hours.

⏳ How long is the AVE Canada valid?

Once issued, an EV is valid for 5 years. If your passport expires before these 5 years, you will have to reapply for an EV, as the authorisation is linked to a passport number.

🤔 How long can I stay in Canada with an EVA?

The AVE allows you to stay in Canada for up to 180 days. For a longer stay, turn to a classic visa in the passport, which will require a more restrictive application. Please note that travelling to the USA and back by land does not start the 180 days again.

⏩ Is there a time limit between trips to Canada?

There is no time limit between trips to Canada. The frequency and duration of your stays should not be taken to mean that you are trying to circumvent the rules and establish yourself indirectly and permanently in the country. This notion is at the discretion of the Canadian immigration authorities.

🧐 What is the difference between the AVE and an eVisa?

Be careful not to confuse them! A visa allows you to to enter into a country. An ETA (electronic travel authorisation) allows you to travel to the country in question. AVE applicants are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program to enter Canada.

📄 I already have a valid AVE, how can I find my document?

If your application was not submitted through our services, you can go to the official website of the Canadian authorities to reapply for your electronic travel authorization or to follow up on your application.

🚸 Does the AVE Canada also apply to minors?

Yes, minors also need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA), if they are also travelling to Canada. You can group their application in the same form. The fee is the same as for an adult.

🧒 Do I need to apply for a Permit to leave the country for my child?

If the minor leaves French territory without a legal guardian, he or she must be in possession of an AST (authorisation to leave the country). This document can be requested online, and must be completed by one of the holders of parental authority. When travelling, this form must be accompanied by a copy of the identity document of the legal guardian.

🏥 What vaccinations are required for travel to Canada?

There are no mandatory or recommended vaccinations for travelling to Canada. If in doubt, consult our up-to-date archive of vaccines for Canada.

🚨 What if you made a mistake in your application?

If you become aware of an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made when sending these documents.

After this time, corrections cannot be applied. Please contact us for more information.

Once the AVE has been issued, its data cannot be changed. You will have to file a new application if your information differs significantly (passport number, etc.)

🙅🏼 Want to cancel your application?

Unfortunately, once paid, an EV application is not refundable. Please contact us for more information.

ℹ️ Is my personal information secure?

The data you may enter on this site is protected and only used for the purpose of obtaining the requested EVP. Our payment process is secure, and no banking data about you is stored on our servers.

Privacy Policy